Salt Lake City Estate Planning Attorney Jason C. Hunter
Serving Salt Lake City, Ogden and the surrounding Utah areas
Jason C. Hunter works in the Estate Planning and Administration, Business and Corporate Law, Tax Law, and Real Estate practice groups at Sage Law Partners, LLC. Mr. Hunter regularly helps clients with the design and implementation of wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts (insurance trusts (ILITs), intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGTs), charitable remainder and lead trusts (CRTs and CLTs)), powers of attorney, health care directives, and other estate planning documents. He assists families with their charitable planning needs through private foundations or other structures. Additionally, he helps families with trust and estate administration. Mr. Hunter firmly believes that all clients need a complete estate plan and he maintains a website devoted to assisting clients, financial professionals, and the general public in acquiring knowledge on estate planning issues (www.hunterestategroup.com). Mr. Hunter is a regular presenter on estate planning topics to consumers and financial professionals.
Mr. Hunter regularly works with business owners, farmers, and ranch owners to plan the succession of their operations utilizing custom buy-sell agreements, family limited partnerships or family limited liability companies, and other structures. He is experienced in general business transaction law, including mergers and acquisitions, start-up structuring, and wind-up structuring. He regularly assists medical and financial professionals with their business structuring. Mr. Hunter also assists clients with transactional support on their real estate matters, including acquisition, development, and construction.
In all of Mr. Hunter’s estate planning, business, and real estate engagements, he adds value as an experienced tax attorney. Having been trained by several preeminent tax attorneys and a Big Four accounting firm, Mr. Hunter has extensive experience assisting estate planning clients with proper planning for estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax and in helping clients plan tax-efficient charitable gifts. Mr. Hunter has acted as co-counsel on multi-million dollar mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring projects and regularly helps start-ups with their tax planning matters. He also advises real estate developers and investors with tax issues associated with their projects. And, as needed, Mr. Hunter assists clients with federal and state tax audit defense.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Hunter attended Dixie State College in St. George, Utah, and Southern Utah University in Cedar City, Utah, graduating Summa Cum Laude from both with an A.A. in 1999 and a B.A. in 2000, respectively. Mr. Hunter enjoys serving in the community. Mr. Hunter is married with four children.
Primary Practice Focus:
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Business and Corporate
- Real Estate
- Author, NBI CLE Manual Section, Shifting Values and Transferring Interests—Overview of Federal Estate and Gift Tax Laws (September 2009)
- Author, NBI CLE Manual Section, Selected Issues in Probate (September 2009).
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Gonzaga University School of Law (JD 2003).
Dean’s Scholarship recipient
Moot Court Council member
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark School of Law (visiting student 2002-2003)
- Southern Utah University (BA Accounting 2000).
Summa Cum Laude.
- Dixie State College (AA 1999).
Summa Cum Laude.
Other Professional Experience
- Partner, Pia Anderson Dorius Reynard & Moss (2010-2012)
- Partner, Froerer, Hunter & Ahlstrom (2009-2010)
- Associate, Fabian & Clendenin (2008-2010)
- Associate, Bennett Tueller Johnson & Deere (2006-2008)
- Associate, Snow Jensen & Reece (2004-2006)
- Associate, KPMG—Los Angeles (2003-2004)
Professional Admissions and Associations
- Actively licensed member of the Utah and California State Bars.
- Member of the Tax, Estate Planning, and Elder Law sections of the Utah State Bar.
- Board Member for the Estate Planning Council of Weber-Davis
- Board Member for the Centerville City Board of Adjustments (2008-2014)
- Member of the Primary Children’s Medical Center Planned Giving Committee (2009-2010)
- Estate Planning Instructor, Community Education Program--Washington County (2005-2006)
- President, Southern Utah University Washington County Alumni Chapter (2005-2006)
Salt Lake, Davis, and Weber County Estate Planning, Tax, Business and Real Estate Attorney Jason Hunter assists clients with Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Revocable Living Trusts, Charitable Planning, Utah Probate and Estate Administration, Asset Protection, Business Succession Planning, Elder Law and Long-Term Care Planning, Special Needs, Tax and Corporate Planning, and Real Estate in the greater Salt Lake County, Davis County, and Weber County areas, including Salt Lake City, Centerville, Bountiful, Farmington, Fruit Heights, Kaysville, Layton, Syracuse, Clearfield, West Point, West Haven, Roy, Hooper, Ogden, Pleasant View, Farr West, and Brigham City, with additional reach to serve clients in St. George, Cedar City, Kanab, Park City, Provo, Orem, and Logan.
Copyright © Jason C. Hunter. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement. Some artwork provided under license agreement.
|FOLLOW US ONLINE:
||SUBSCRIBE TO OUR E-NEWSLETTER: